OPSITE TRANSPARENT ADHESIVE FILM 4986 6″ X 11″ SMITH & NEPHEW
OPSITE is widely used to superficial wounds, such as shallow pressure sores, minor burns, cuts and abrasions etc..
500 in stock
Size: 6″ x 11″ (15cm x 28cm)
REF: # 4986
Box of 10
OPSITE is indicated for the management of:
– Superficial wounds, such as shallow pressure sores, minor burns, cuts and abrasions.
– Use as a secondary dressing, for example over INTRASITE◊ Gel Amorphous Hydrogel Dressing or ALLEVYN◊ Cavity Wound Dressing.
– To provide catheter fixation.
OPSITE is a transparent, adhesive film. The film is moisture vapor permeable, conformable and extensible. It is widely used to provide a moist wound environment for superficial wounds; it is also ideal for use as a secondary dressing.
- Superior film with acrylic adhesive
- Waterproof film
- Simple, effective application technique
- Adaptable to awkward areas
OPSITE has set the standard in moist wound care by retaining the natural wound exudate. OPSITE provides moisture vapor permeability allowing excess exudate to evaporate, helping prevent skin maceration.
– Superior film with acrylic adhesive
The OPSITE film is highly extensible and conformable, which combined with its moisture vapor permeability, means the dressing can be left in place for up to 7 days. This minimizes interference at the wound site and reduces the amount of nursing time required.
OPSITE is resistant to water and body fluids, allowing the patient to bathe without changing dressings. It also aids in the prevention of bacterial contamination.
– Adaptable to Awkward Areas
OPSITE has been designed to be adaptable for use on all areas of the body. It can be easily cut into strips or shapes for application to awkward areas such as heels, elbows and knees.
OPSITE may be used on clinically infected wounds if the following precautions are followed:
– The patient should be under medical/clinical supervision
– The dressing should be changed daily
– The patient should be receiving suitable systemic treatment.
Immuno-compromised patients and diabetic patients may require extra supervision. Care should be taken to avoid skin damage by repeated applications on patients with thin or fragile skin. In common with all adhesive products, some cases of irritation and/or maceration of the skin surrounding the wound have been reported. It should be noted that inappropriate use or too frequent dressing changes, particularly in patients with fragile skin, can result in skin stripping.
|4986||11″ x 6″||10||6|
There are no reviews yet.