How to use Smith & Nephew Opsite Flexigrid
– Wash hands before and after treating the wound
– Gently clean the wound removing any debris and dry the surrounding skin. Ensure surrounding skin
– Remains dry before application. Do not apply to heavily bleeding wounds.
– Remove dressing from pouch.
– Remove the backing paper marked 1, taking care not to touch the adhesive side.
– Place the dressing over the wound using light pressure.
Remove the backing paper marked 2, and smooth the dressing down. Press around the edges of the dressing.
If required, record the wound size.
Remove the green grid and keep in patient’s records.
To remove the dressing, lift one corner and slowly stretch the film in a motion that is parallel to the skin. Handle and dispose of the used dressing with care.
Leave a Reply